Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Definitive Del Amitri Rarities Series, Vol. 4: The Twisted B-Sides

Like Change Everything, the following Del Amitri album, Twisted, contributed many of its non-album b-sides to the Lousy with Love compilation, so this brief installment consists of only five songs.  There are some other, live tracks that appeared on singles and a limited edition bonus disc, which will be posted in a whole big "live" segment later on in this series (which I probably shoulda mentioned in the Change Everything post, since there were a few live tracks on those singles, too).  Meanwhile, here are five swell little tunes from Justin and the lads -- it's Rare Stuff, y'all!



Contents (Title/Source):
A Better Man/Tell Her This [Disc 1]
Life By Mistake/Driving With The Brakes On
A Little Luck/Driving With The Brakes On
Queen Of False Alarms/Here And Now [Disc 1]
Someone Else Will/Roll To Me [U.S.]

11 comments:

  1. Loving loving loving this series! ; ) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabriel, blow your horn! (Sorry, I bet you get that a lot.) So glad you're diggin' it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much!You're amazing,greetings from Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola David! I've always wanted to visit Argentina. Thanks for the compliment, and you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these posts are fantastic. I can't wait for all the live stuff. I salute you sir! :) AND..I sure hope some soundboard stuff comes up someplace of Justin Currie's latest tour..that would be a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2of3, you ain't bad! (Note to self - must stop joking about commenters names!) ;) I'm with ya, except I'd settle for a good audience recording! I'm bummed I couldn't catch Justin's tour this time as he didn't make it up to this corner of the country (NW) and I lacked the funds to go to where he was. I shall have to content myself with the pair of shows I got to see on the WILF tour, and Justin's complimenting my writing -- I wrote a preview of his show in the local weekly, which he discussed on his myspace blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was blown away by "A Better Man",great song! and I would have never discovered it if not for your blog,many thanks! and if you would like to visit Argentina, I recommend you to visit Córdoba, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I gotta stop watching so much Star Trek. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been looking for Queen of False Alarms for forever! Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A repost would be really appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

If you get a link, let us know what you think!